hcis140 | undergraduate
Fundamentals Of Electronic Health Records
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- Identify different healthcare forms used to keep patient information in EHRs.
- Describe the basic workflow of a healthcare organization using EHRs.
- Discuss the functions healthcare records serve.
Health Information Accessibility
- Describe the use of the Internet in promoting access to health information.
- Describe various telecommunication tools for accessing health information.
- Identify the role of social media in the healthcare industry.
- Describe a radiology information system.
- Describe a pharmacy information system.
- Describe an emergency department information system.
- Describe a surgical information system.
- Describe a dental information system.
Secure Health Care Transactions and Billing
- Describe how electronic data interchange transactions work.
- Describe the billing workflow.
- Identify HIPAA privacy requirements.
- Discuss the relationship between EHRs, reimbursement, HIPAA, and EDI transactions.
Fundamentals of Information Systems and Databases
- Explain the difference between computer hardware and software.
- Define a health record.
- Describe the value of an Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Identify the purpose and main components of an EHR database.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.