hcis250 | undergraduate
Structure, Design, And Tools Of Electronic Health Records
This undergraduate-level course is 7 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Regulatory Compliance, Privacy, and Security
- Explain the importance of ensuring documentation security and recovery.
- Identify the process for the secure release of information (ROI).
- Identify physical and technical safeguards used to secure protected health information (PHI).
- Describe privacy and security rules regarding covered entities.
Auditing, Reporting, and Registry
- Describe the process for auditing and reporting.
- Demonstrate the reporting of patient health information disclosures.
Using Clinical Decision Support Tools for EHR Maintenance
- Describe the link between complete, accurate, and timely charting and reimbursement.
- Demonstrate the ability to locate health data in the EHR including the history and physical, diagnostic test results, and discharge summary forms.
Link Between the Revenue Cycle and the Clinical Record
- Describe the purpose and function of the encounter form as it relates to claims and financial management.
- Describe the use of practice management programs in evaluating for complete and accurate claim submission.
- Define ICD, HCPCS, CPT and the impact on reimbursement.
The Role of the EHR Specialist
- Prepare a professional rÃ©sumÃ© and cover letter as an EHR specialist.
- Identify potential employment opportunities as an EHR specialist.
Standards of Collecting Data and the Flow of Information
- Identify the importance of practice management programs in ensuring consistency in patient information.
- Describe vendor choices and certification standards for electronic health records (EHR).
Administrative Tasks in the Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Define computerized physician order entry (CPOE).
- Identify the role of the EHR specialist in managing CPOE.
- Discuss the importance of accurate patient demographic data.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.