hcis305 | undergraduate
Terminology And Culture Of The Healthcare Industry
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Roles in Health Care
- Identify the types of personnel in the health care industry.
- Explain the role of medical ethics and professional values in health care delivery.
Industry Settings and Public Health
- Explain the major types of settings in health care systems.
- Differentiate the common methods of health care delivery.
- Explain the role of community health and public health in disease management as it relates to the health care industry.
Clinical Decision Support and Quality Measurement
- Explain the processes of information gathering, analysis, and documentation used by clinicians to manage diseases.
- Explain quality and performance measures that influence health care delivery.
Basic Terminology Used in Health Care
- Identify medical terms within the major body systems.
- Identify terms used in health care industry settings as they relate to health information technology.
- Describe terms used in electronic health records and other information systems.
Integration and Implementation of Health Care Terminology
- Explain the purpose of electronic health records and other information systems.
- Explain the role of health care industry settings and health information technology as they relate to the implementation of health information systems.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.