hcr240 | undergraduate
Computerizing Med Data: Paper Chase Goes Techno
This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Insurance Claims, Payments, and Statements
- Apply an insurance payment to a patient claim.
- Produce a patient statement.
- Perform various claim functions.
- Create a new case for a patient.
- Create a patient record using Medisoft™.
- Identify when to start a case.
Introduction to Medisoft™
- Perform file maintenance tasks in Medisoft™.
- Discuss the importance of data maintenance and backup.
- Use the Medisoft™ Help feature.
- Discuss the payment collection process.
- Recognize the importance of a financial policy in a medical office.
- Produce a collection letter.
Scheduling Appointments and Printing Reports
- Generate various Medisoft™ reports.
- Perform various appointment scheduling functions.
Charge Transactions and Payments
- Complete procedure charges using Medisoft™.
- Explain functions of the Transaction Entry dialog box.
Working with Medisoft™
- Assess practice management technology in the medical office.
- Perform tasks in Medisoft™ related to the medical office.
The Medical Billing Process
- Indicate factors that influence electronic medical record (EMR) adoption.
- Identify medical billing terminology.
The Medical Office and HIPAA
- Describe the role of HIPAA as it relates to information technology (IT) in the medical office.
- Discuss the advantages of using computerized medical records.
- Summarize the major applications of IT in medical offices.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.