hcs131 | undergraduate
Business Communication Skills For Health Care Professionals
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Consumer Relations and Teamwork
- Determine strategies for effective consumer relations.
- Explain the importance of teamwork in the workplace.
- Identify strategies for effective team communication and collaboration.
- Explain the importance of effective consumer relations.
Workplace Communication and Employee Relations
- Explain the importance of positive employee relations.
- Determine best practices for workplace communication.
Introduction to Communication in the Workplace
- Explain the major components of communication in the workplace.
- Explain the role perception plays in communication.
- Identify the principles of cross-cultural communication.
Communication and Technology
- Describe the principles of verbal and nonverbal communication.
- Explain the importance of active listening in the workplace.
- Explain how supportive and defensive climates can improve relations in the workplace.
- Describe how technology affects communication.
Interpersonal Relationships and Conflict Management
- Describe the importance and characteristics of interpersonal relationships in the workplace.
- Describe different types of conflict.
- Identify strategies for conflict management.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.