hcs182 | undergraduate
Introduction To Financial Concepts
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Life Cycle of an Insurance Claim
- Identify appropriate follow-up to claims.
- Describe methods of collecting claim data.
- Explain claim submission processes.
- Identify appropriate posting actions in accounting systems.
- Explain the process of reconciling bank statements.
- Identify metrics used in health care finance.
Introduction to Health Care Finance
- Explain basic financial concepts.
- Explain the purpose of various financial statements.
- Identify types of accounting.
Health Care Billing
- Compare uses of coding.
- Identify processes associated with the medical revenue cycle.
- Identify rules and regulations governing patient billing.
Health Care Payors
- Identify sources of health care revenue.
- Compare insurance structures.
- Explain elements of insurance contracting.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.