hcs219 | undergraduate
Introduction To Health Care Finance
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Financial Reporting and Financial Statements
- Identify the revenue and expense components of the income statement.
- Identify and calculate key metrics used in health care finance.
- Classify balance sheet and income statement items.
Budgets, Cash Management, and Investing
- Explain the different types of budgets used in health care facilities.
- Describe the development and the use of the statement of cash flows.
- Identify investment techniques of idle cash.
- Identify basic cash management tools.
Health Care Finance Concepts and Accounting Processes
- Explain the basics of double-entry accounting.
- Explain basic financial concepts in the health care setting.
- Compare financial accounting and managerial accounting.
- Identify the various stakeholders in the financing of health care.
Revenue Cycle Management and Reimbursement Processes
- Identify sources of health care revenue.
- Explain revenue cycle management.
- Explain billing to insurance companies and reimbursement processes.
- Describe the process of transferring risk through the purchase of insurance.
Changes in Health Care Costs and Health Care Reform
- Identify and explain the major factors contributing to rising health care costs.
- Explain how legislation affects health care finance.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.