hcs330 | undergraduate
Introduction To Health And Disease
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Impact of Common Diseases
- Evaluate the global implications of infectious disease and the resulting public health burden.
- Interpret current events and their implication on disease manifestations and health care.
- Explain the benefits of Alternative therapies.
- Consider the relationship of Health Promotion and Wellness Programs to prevention strategies.
- Identify the impact of technology in genetic engineering and disease management.
Introduction to Disease
- Examine the theories of disease causation throughout history.
- Describe the basic mechanisms of disease causation.
- Contrast the clinical manifestations and treatment of infectious diseases in adults as opposed to children.
- Provide examples of acute diseases and their treatment.
- Describe the effects of aging on common chronic diseases.
Culture and Health Beliefs
- Discuss the effects of culture and health beliefs and values on disease manifestation, disease management, and health promotion.
- Examine emerging diseases identified by Public Health authorities.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.