hcs385 | undergraduate
Health Care Finance
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Develop strategies to mitigate the increasing costs in the health care system.
- Analyze the effect of financing strategies on cost of capital.
- Calculate the weighted average cost of capital of a firm.
- Analyze benefits and risks of debt financing.
Introduction to Finance and Analysis
- Define basic financial terminology.
- Identify the various stakeholders in the health care payer system.
- Analyze the economic trends of the health care payment system.
- Assess the role of ethics and compliance in the health care finance environment.
Time Value of Money and Investment Decisions
- Calculate results using present and future valuation methods.
- Explain the objectives of capital investment decisions.
- Calculate and interpret results using net present value (NPV) and internal rate of return (IRR).
- Describe the relationship between strategic planning and financial planning.
- Prepare various types of budgets.
- Perform a break-even analysis.
- Calculate present value and future value of cash flows.
- Evaluate financial performance using financial ratios.
Working Capital Management and Capital Budgeting
- Evaluate effective working capital management techniques.
- Analyze supply and demand for health care services.
- Evaluate alternative capital projects.
- Analyze risks associated with capital projects.
- Analyze the decision-making factors in lease versus buy.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.