hcs405 | undergraduate
Health Care Financial Accounting
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Management & Health Care Organization Analysis
- Examine the financial concepts related to health care staffing.
- Compare the different types of health care organizations and their financial differences.
- Analyze costing methods in the health care industry.
The Future of Health Care Financial Accounting
- Explain how technology and finance impact a health care manager.
- Analyze the future issues in health care funding and revenue streams.
- Explain the future role of federal and state government in health care.
Overview of Health Care Financial Accounting and Financial Statements
- Identify basic health care finance and accounting terms.
- Examine the different types of financial statements used by health care professionals.
- Analyze how reporting practices and accounting principles support ethics in health care.
Revenue Sources and Financial Planning & Control
- Analyze the revenue sources.
- Explain how revenues and expenses are grouped for planning and control in the financial statements.
- Explain the differences between cash and accrual financial systems.
- Explain the process for creating an operating budget.
Financial Ratios and Financial Performance
- Explain the use of Profitability, Liquidity, and Debt ratios.
- Explain the process for creating a balance sheet.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.