hcs468 | undergraduate
Regulatory And Compliance Within The Health Care Industry
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
The Fundamentals of Regulatory Compliance in Health Care Industry
- Discuss regulatory and compliance in the health care industry.
- Explain how health care laws are created.
- Describe regulatory trends in health care industry.
Health Care Policies
- Explain health care policies.
- Differentiate between health care policies and laws.
- Explain how health care policies are regulated within the health care industry.
Health Care Privacy and Security
- Explain laws and policies that impact privacy and security in the health care industry.
- Discuss measures for implementing privacy and security standards.
- Explain legal issues related to confidentiality and privacy.
Regulating the Health Care Industry
- Analyze agencies that regulate the health care industry.
- Analyze the function of compliance to regulatory standards.
- Explain how regulations impact standards of care and potential liabilities.
Rights and Responsibilities
- Explain the impact of legal and regulatory requirements on daily operations.
- Explain the status of patient and provider rights and responsibilities.
- Analyze the compliance and risk management factors of the medical records.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.