hcs478 | undergraduate
Health Law And Ethics
This undergraduate-level course is 5 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Introduction to Professional, Legal, and Ethical Issues
- Determine nursing situations that require ethical decisions.
- Determine personal values and professional ethics.
- Explain the relationships between legal and ethical issues.
- Describe the role of the professional nurse in relation to accountability and responsibility.
- Analyze ethical theories and principles.
- Explain ethical dilemmas in various settings.
- Apply decision-making skills in resolving ethical dilemmas.
- Discuss the judicial process and health care laws.
- Analyze professional standards of practice.
Impact of Law and Ethics on Practice
- Determine common legal and ethical cases in the nursing profession.
- Analyze current issues and trends affecting nursing practice.
- Evaluate nursing decisions for level of ethical impact.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.