hcs550 | Graduate
Health Care Policy
This graduate-level course is 6 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Policy Analysis and Trends
- Analyze trends that drive change in health policy.
- Predict future changes to health policy.
- Analyze the effect of current health policy on the health care environment.
Development of Health Policy
- Evaluate the impact of advocacy methods on the development of health policy.
- Analyze local, state, and federal roles in the development of health policy.
- Evaluate the impact of individuals and groups on the development of health policy.
The Context of Health Policy
- Explain health policy in the United States from a historical perspective.
- Evaluate policies created to address the health of the U.S. population.
Health Policymaking and Budgeting
- Analyze the health policymaking process.
- Differentiate information needed for the development of health policy.
- Differentiate key stakeholders and interest groups involved in health policymaking.
- Evaluate how the policy budget process impacts the health care environment.
Formulation of Health Policy
- Analyze the drivers of health policy formulation.
- Analyze the relationship between agenda setting and the development of legislation.
- Analyze the roles of legislative committees.
Policy Implementation and Policy Modification
- Contrast local, state, and federal policy implementation processes.
- Analyze the differing roles of public and private regulatory agencies as they relate to the implementation of health policy.
- Explain how the rulemaking process relates to health care organizations.
- Analyze the factors that influence policy modification.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.