hcs552 | Graduate
Health Care Economics
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Global Implications and the Future of Health Care
- Examine the effects of global market initiatives on the US health care delivery systems.
- Compare and contrast the differences in expenditures for health care with middle- and high-income countries.
Overview of Health Care Economics
- Describe key economic terms and their health care application.
- Identify the effect of economics in the current health care environment.
- Differentiate between the balance of funding and economic resources.
- Identify the key implications of supplier-induced demand in health care.
- Examine the use of economic tools to forecast supply and labor needs.
- Compare the utilization of supply to various population bases and socioeconomic factors.
- Evaluate consumerism as a critical value in current health care delivery.
- Describe the effects of supply resources on consumer demand.
- Detail the concepts of production and distribution to the business of health care.
Health Care Delivery Systems
- Describe current health care delivery structures.
- Profile the influence of licensing and regulatory factors on health care delivery requirements.
- Compare government and private delivery systems.
Macroeconomics and Microeconomics in Health Care
- Examine the macroeconomic relationship to health care resources.
- Discuss the utilization of microeconomic indicators within health care delivery systems.
Health Care Markets, Economic Incentives, and Competition
- Analyze benefits of economic incentives and competition in the health care market.
- Examine the effects of competitive and regulated pricing funding sources.
- Analyze organizational interventions to minimize the impact of scarce resources and maintain market competitiveness.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.