hcs557 | Graduate
Social And Cultural Aspects Of Aging
topic title goes here
Public Policy and Political Force
- Discuss the impact of public policy on the older adults.
- Explain the effect of political activism on older adults.
- Compare historical roles of older adults in society.
- Describe the evolution of perspectives on aging.
- Summarize the changes in postindustrial society that impact the older adult.
Transition From Worker to Retiree
- Compare options for transitioning from worker to retiree.
- Differentiate factors that impact retirement.
- Describe the economic and financial impact of retirement.
Changes in Relationships
- Explain the ramifications of aging on relationships.
- Evaluate the impact of changing finances on relationships for older adults.
Social and Cultural Concerns of Aging
- Describe social and cultural concerns that impact the older adult.
- Analyze poverty and inequality patterns in older adults.
Support Systems and Services
- Compare informal and formal support systems and services.
- Evaluate the sources of funding for support systems and services.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.