ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN HEALTH CARE
Start when you're ready
Choose an upcoming start date: 12 Jan 2021
Start when you're ready
Choose an upcoming start date: 06 Apr 2021
This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program.View all programs
Course level: "Graduate"
"<p>This course will set up the context of entrepreneurship and new business development, examining the characteristics of entrepreneurs, identifying and quantifying market opportunities in the health care market, as well conceptualizing the resources and capabilities needed. Topics include opportunity assessment, regulated industry implications and requirements, as well as the challenges of expansion within an existing enterprise.</p>"
Purchase of LabPaq® Hands-on Lab Kits are required for this course.
Please Note: Attendance and participation are mandatory in all University courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy in the Catalog for more information.
University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses. While widely available, not all courses are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with an enrollment representative.
What you'll learn
What you’ll learn
- Explain the entrepreneurial process and its impact on the delivery of health care.
- Identify the main characteristics of successful entrepreneurs.
- Differentiate between opportunities and ideas.
- Describe common approaches entrepreneurs use to analyze market needs.
- Discuss feasibility analysis.
- Differentiate among sole proprietorships, partnerships, corporations, and limited liability companies.
- Analyze the regulatory implications and requirements that protect the safety and security of health care services.
- Explain the purpose of a business plan.
- Identify forces that determine industry profitability.
- Determine how to select and manage a target market.
- Analyze the effects that types of intellectual properties have on health care.
- Identify resources needed to begin the entrepreneurial process.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of corporate venture capital, private venture capital, and angel financing.
- Evaluate the challenges and strategies of growing a firm.
- Identify the evaluation process of entrepreneurial endeavors.