hcs578 | Graduate
Ethical, Legal, And Regulatory Issues In Health Care
This graduate-level course is 6 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Regulatory and Legislative Issues
- Identify the impact of legal and legislative processes on health care delivery at local, state, and national levels.
- Analyze the relationship of legal, regulatory, and legislative policy to health care.
- Explain health policy development and its impact on health care.
- Analyze the similarities and differences between moral, ethical, and legal issues.
- Explain the ramifications of the increasing use of technology on patient confidentiality and data security in health care organizations.
- Expand upon the impact of the Patient Self Determination Act on the health care environment.
- Explain how publicity regarding adverse events can influence elected officials and policy advisors.
- Analyze the role of public policies on health care financing.
- Contrast government agencies and private organizational influences on health care cultures and policy development.
- Explain how the state of the economy affects health care policy and vice versa.
- Evaluate ethical dilemmas in biomedical research, e-health, information technology, and telemedicine.
- Determine key ethical issues related to global health.
- Contrast current international health policy issues with US health policy issues.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of ethical role modeling and mentoring in professional nursing.
- Identify the various ethical theories and belief systems.
- Analyze own ethical belief system.
- Critique the ethical relationships between risk management, quality assurance, and resource allocation.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.