his458 | undergraduate
History Of Human Discovery
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Construction of Time
- Describe the need of humankind to understand our relationship with nature.
- Explain the purpose of measuring time.
- Explain how the ability to measure time influences human behavior.
Exploring Beyond the Boundaries
- Describe the idea of the illusion of knowledge.
- Explain the technological challenges of exploration that preceded the Age of Discovery.
- Analyze the economic, political, and cultural movements that prepared Europe to move beyond its borders.
Seeing the Universe
- Describe how the telescope changed our relationship with nature.
- Analyze the traditions that were challenged by advances in astronomy.
Seeing the Invisible
- Describe how the microscope changed our relationship with nature.
- Analyze the traditions that were challenged by advances in natural sciences.
The Spread of Knowledge
- Relate the printing press to the spread of knowledge.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.