his512 | Graduate
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Nevada School Governance and the Nevada Constitution; Federal Constitutional Provisions That Affect School Law; Special Education: Federal and State Law Involving Children With Special Needs
- Summarize how the basic principles of the Nevada Constitution affect education.
- Describe landmark decisions of United States Supreme Court that affects schools.
- Analyze legal systems that protect and promote student rights.
- Identify teacher obligations and responsibilities under broader federal mandates including IDEA, Title IX, and Section 504.
- Identify the rights of special education students in public schools.
- Identify state laws and legislation influencing school governance.
United States Constitution and Amendments
- Identify the components of the United States Constitution.
- Explain how the amendments of the United States Constitution affect education.
- Explain constitutional provisions that define church and state relationships.
- Summarize church and state relationship laws relevant to educators.
Teacher Rights, Responsibilities, and Employment; Educator Liability Torts; Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Identify issues related to legal and ethical rights and responsibilities of teachers.
- Identify legal mandates affecting teacher employment.
- Explain tort law, negligence and liability, and the exercise of standards of due care.
- Explain immunity and the Nevada immunity waiver.
- Identify school policies and procedures that protect the rights of students.
- Analyze the authority and duty of school officials related to student behavior.
- All objectives apply.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.