hit300 | undergraduate
Introduction To Health Information Technology
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Future of Health IT
- Describe the impact of a post-meaningful use landscape on health IT.
- Describe the benefits of professional organizations to the current healthcare environment.
- Identify future trends in health IT.
- Recognize shifts in the healthcare environment that require changes in how health IT is managed and deployed.
Health IT in the United States
- Label the history of health information technology (IT) in the United States (U.S.).
- Describe the current state of health IT as driven by Federal programs.
IT in the Current Healthcare Environment
- Define the participants and settings of care that make up todayâs healthcare environment.
- Explain how relevant clinical health IT systems affect todayâs healthcare environment.
- Model two specific health IT standards and how those standards apply to interoperability.
Health IT Regulation and Legislation
- Summarize the purpose of the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act.
- Describe the significance of the elements of the HITECH Act.
- Analyze the effect of the HITECH Act on todayâs healthcare environment.
- Define the effects of the Affordable Care Act on the health IT landscape.
Privacy and Security
- Identify the ways in which the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) has evolved in the U.S.
- Recognize three appropriate means of protecting privacy and security for EHRs.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.