hlth500 | Graduate
Health And Nutrition For Educators
This graduate-level course is 6 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Research policies regarding the teaching of sexually transmitted disease prevention and awareness.
- Identify local programs addressing the prevention or treatment of sexually transmitted diseases.
- Identify local, state, and national incidences of sexually transmitted diseases.
- All objectives apply.
Cardiovascular Health and Exercise
- Develop an age- and grade-appropriate lesson plan to teach students about physical fitness.
- Analyze personal risk for developing cardiovascular disease.
- Describe the risk factors associated with cardiovascular disease.
- Explain how the risk for coronary heart disease can be reduced.
- Identify the benefits of exercise.
- Analyze the effect of exercise on the prevention and management of diabetes.
Wellness and Nutrition
- Identify the seven components of wellness.
- Describe healthy lifestyle recommendations.
- Identify the relationship between nutrition and health.
- Describe the effects of poor nutrition.
- Analyze personal food intake for nutritional value.
- Develop a lesson plan to teach students about the USDA’s MyPlate Nutrition Guide.
- Define wellness.
- Identify potential stressors of teachers and students.
- Define stress.
- Explain the health effects of stress.
- Identify effective ways to deal with stress.
- Develop a lesson plan to teach students about stress management.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Drug Use and Abuse
- Examine reasons for alcohol, tobacco, and drug use and abuse.
- Identify the effects of substance use and abuse on the learning process.
- Identify commonly abused substances.
- Develop an age- and grade-appropriate lesson plan on substance abuse prevention.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.