hpe540 | Graduate
Teaching And Learning In Health Professions Education
topic title goes here
Strategies for Learning
- Analyze the impact of learning styles on adult learning.
- Determine effective learning strategies.
Strategies for Teaching
- Compare various instructional models.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of various instructional methods.
- Determine effective teaching strategies.
Instructional Materials and Technology
- Identify appropriate uses of various instructional materials.
- Design effective instructional materials.
- Identify appropriate uses of technology in adult education.
Understanding the Adult Learner
- Identify characteristics of adult learners.
- Examine the motivation of adults in the learning environment.
- Identify needs of adults for effective learning.
How We Learn
- Analyze the adult learning process and experience.
- Explore the implications of learning in the digital age.
- Explore cognitive development in adulthood.
Role of the Educator
- Analyze the role of an educator in an adult education environment.
- Analyze key skills and characteristics of effective adult educators.
- Describe the most common challenges for an educator in an adult education or training environment.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.