hrmpa533 | Graduate
Human Capital Development In The Public Sector
This graduate-level course is 6 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Public Personnel Management
- Describe the personnel management activities in the public sector.
- Describe the evolution of the public service systems.
- Explain the challenges of managing the public workforce in the 21st century.
Recruitment, Selection, and Retention
- Develop a strategy for recruiting and retaining public sector employees.
- Determine the effect of compensation on employee recruitment and retention.
- Analyze the steps of the succession planning process in the public sector.
- Explain the factors affecting employee performance.
- Explain the purpose of evaluating employee performance.
- Contrast the various types of performance evaluations.
- Develop a fair and effective performance evaluation system.
Labor Relations, Collective Bargaining, and Employee Rights
- Analyze the relationship between management and unions in the public sector.
- Explain the collective bargaining process in the public sector.
- Evaluate the challenges of public sector collective bargaining.
- Evaluate the potential consequences of violations of the legal rights and protections of employees.
Ethics, Organizational Culture, and Diversity
- Explain the importance of ethics in human resource management.
- Explain how managers influence organizational culture.
- Describe the diversity management practices in the public sector.
Strategic Management of Human Capital
- Develop a plan for strategic management of human capital in the public sector.
- Identify how human capital management influences organizational effectiveness now and in the future
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.