hsm210 | undergraduate
Human Services In The United States
topic title goes here
Historical Evolution and Current Services
- Describe major demographic trends that affect the delivery of human services.
- Explain the evolution of human services in the United States.
Role of Human Services in Meeting Needs
- Compare and contrast how various human service organizations attempt to meet human needs.
- Assess the impact of contemporary problems on human service needs.
Theoretical Perspectives and Social Policy
- Identify the various factors that affect the delivery of human services.
- Identify theories related to human services.
Social Policy and Government Regulations
- Differentiate between public and private organizations in the human service industry.
- Describe the influence of government regulations on social policy and human services.
- Describe the strategies human service workers employ to promote community programs and services.
- Explain the significance of current issues affecting human service workers and communities.
- Recognize deceptive arguments in current human service policies.
- Describe the three levels of prevention used in human services: primary, secondary, and tertiary.
- Interpret obstacles to the implementation of prevention programs.
Careers in Human Services
- Summarize the current state of affairs for human service organizations.
- Discuss human services career trends.
Characteristics of the Human Services Worker
- Identify the characteristics necessary for success in human service professions.
- Determine strategies for effective communication with diverse groups.
Values and Ethical Issues in the Delivery of Human Services
- Identify the moral and religious issues affecting the delivery of human services.
- Recognize the connection between economics and ethical decision making.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.