hsm240 | undergraduate
Public Policy Development In Human Services
topic title goes here
Creating a Social Program
- Develop proposals for the creation of social programs.
Value-Critical Approach to Social Methods
- Describe the elements used to analyze social policies and programs.
- Analyze social policies and programs using the fundamental elements.
Analyzing Public Policy Goals and Objectives
- Describe how human service agencies determine their goals and objectives.
- Appraise the goals and objectives of human service agencies.
Benefits and Services
- Identify examples of the major forms of benefits and services human service agencies provide.
- Evaluate benefits and services of human service agencies.
Financing Social Programs
- Identify the sources of funding for social programs.
- Describe how taxes are used to fund social insurance programs.
- Contrast the eligibility rules for different human service agencies.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of eligibility rules used by human service agencies.
Delivery of Social Goods
- Outline theory, design, and specification of social programs.
- Compare and contrast the types of delivery systems for different human service agencies.
Origins of Social Policy and Programs
- Explain the application of problem analysis categories to social problems.
- Identify contemporary social problems locally and nationally.
The Legislative Role
- Summarize the judiciary's role in shaping public policy.
- Justify judicial decisions.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.