hsm280 | undergraduate
Technologies In Human Service Organizations
This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Hiring Volunteers and Technical Staff
- Determine the ideal qualifications for technical support applicants.
- Discuss strategies to support effective volunteerism.
Training Volunteers and Staff
- Identify strategies to effectively train staff in technology usage.
- Select appropriate technical trainers.
Directing Technical Volunteers and Staff
- Summarize the technical responsibilities of all staff members in an organization.
- Compare and contrast technology introduction, implementation, and protection for human service organizations.
- Review the components of an effective technology plan.
- Recognize barriers to effective use of technology.
- Identify computer hardware and software.
Technology Development for the Beginning Organization
- Determine a list of technology projects appropriate for beginning organizations.
- Define the minimum hardware and software requirements within budget parameters.
- Identify alternative funding sources to supplement organizational budgets.
- Determine your technical support needs.
- Discuss options for organizational technical support.
- Summarize the steps for hiring technical support consultants.
Technology Development for the Established Organization
- Reconcile technology wishes with what is necessary and affordable.
- Develop an effective technology plan.
Computer Specifics for Human Service Organizations
- Evaluate the range of software programs available to human service organizations.
- Discuss the use of electronic resources to accommodate staff members with special needs.
- Recognize how a Web site can benefit the organization.
- Compare and contrast various human service organizations’ Web sites.
- Summarize internal and external threats to computer system security.
- Identify ways to prevent theft of sensitive information.
- Choose an effective computer security program.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.