hsn470 | undergraduate
Health Policy, Law, And Ethics
This undergraduate-level course is 5 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Professional Ethics and Professional Nursing Practice
- Describe state nurse practice acts and their impact on professional nursing practice.
- Explain the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Nurses.
- Compare and contrast personal values and professional ethics.
- Describe how the principles of ethics can be applied in nursing practice.
Legal Standards and Nursing Liability
- Associate negligence and malpractice with potential nursing liability issues in a variety of health care settings.
- Discuss the nurse's role in obtaining informed consent.
- Explain the role of the board of nursing in disciplinary actions.
- Describe standards of care from legal and nursing practice perspectives.
Access to Care
- Describe various health and societal issues that stimulate legislation and development of health care policy.
- Explain the impact of legislation on professional nursing practice.
Impact of Law on Professional Nursing Practice
- Analyze common legal and ethical issues that occur in professional nursing practice.
- Describe the changing health care environment and its impact on professional nursing practice.
Current Trends and Roles of Professional Nursing Practice
- Identify standards of practice for a specialty nursing organization.
- Analyze issues and trends affecting current nursing practice.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.