hsn570 | Graduate
Financial Resource Management
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Risk Management, Corporate Compliance and Technology
- Discuss causal factors bringing changes in reimbursement and care delivery models.
- Forecast emerging risks and compliance issues and predict mitigation schemes.
- Clinical: Appraise an organization’s financial performance while estimating a capital expense.
- Predict the evolution of nursing to undertake leadership roles and affect change.
- Clinical: Create an operating budget for a new department or unit of your clinical site.
Health Care Financial Environment
- Summarize different payment models leading up to current fee-for-service model.
- Compare and contrast health care payment models and those from other types of businesses.
- Describe factors influencing changes from the fee-for-service model to value- and outcome-based models.
- Identify revenue sources in peer reviewed journal articles.
- Illustrate how rates are negotiated with payers.
Policy and Regulations of Health Care Finance
- Distinguish policies and regulations that influence the health care financial environment.
- Clinical: Examine, interpret and diagram the financial responsibilities of a nurse manager.
Budgets, Benchmarks, and Cash Management
- Perform ratio analysis to assess the financial performance of a Health Care Organization.
- Compute, compare and analyze cost variances.
- Propose tactics to align actual results to budget.
- Defend how benchmarking helps improve budget management and give examples.
- Clinical: Construct an educational presentation that integrates financial concepts learned in this course.
Capital Budgets and Financial Management
- Research and recommend a capital purchase.
- Formulate the management goals for this capital purchase.
- Identify and predict the primary stakeholders and their reactions for this capital purchase.
- Appraise the risks of purchasing or not purchasing this capital purchase.
- Assemble a budget with all associated costs for this capital purchase.
- Clinical: Create a report of the budget and income to the actual performance of the organization or department.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.