hst290 | undergraduate
Historians And History
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Introduction to the Study of History
- Explain the reasons to study history.
- Identify theories of historical analysis.
The Empiricists & Marxists
- Describe the major tenets of historical empiricism.
- Explain empiricism’s influence on historical writing.
- Describe the Marxist approach to studying history.
- Identify ways Marxism influences historical studies.
Influences of the Annales and Sociology
- Describe the Annales’ influence on 20th century history writing.
- Explain the influence of sociology and anthropology on the study of history.
Narrative and Oral History
- Describe history as a narrative.
- Describe oral history and its influence on creating history.
Gender and Postmodern Perspectives on History
- Explain how gender affects historical studies.
- Explain postmodern perspectives in the study of history.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.