hst320 | undergraduate
History Research Methods
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
The Writing Process, Part II: Revisions, Citations
- Apply Chicago style to a research paper.
- Create a final draft through revisions.
- Define plagiarism and ways to overcome it.
How to Think Historically
- Describe different approaches to historical research.
- Create an effective research question.
Evaluating and Interpreting Historical Evidence
- Identify the types of evidence used by historians.
- Compare primary and secondary sources.
- Evaluate historical evidence for context, bias, and authenticity.
Conducting Historical Research
- Demonstrate effective note taking.
- Identify useful sources for performing historical research.
The Writing Process, Part I: Thesis, Outlines, and, Pre-Writing
- Develop an effective thesis statement.
- Create an outline for a research paper.
- Demonstrate the elements in the pre-writing process.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.