htt251 | undergraduate
topic title goes here
Front Office Operations
- Apply the concept of the guest cycle to hospitality operations.
- Explain how the front office functions contribute to the success of a lodging property.
- Explain the types of technology used by front office staff.
The Hotel & Lodging Industry
- Describe the evolution of the lodging industry in terms of property type/services.
- Define contemporary property types and ownership structures.
- Identify the functions of the fundamental operating departments in a full service lodging property.
Reservations and Guest Services
- Describe the steps in the reservation process.
- Describe the components of a guest safety and security plan.
- Identify the organization and key functions of a Housekeeping department.
Management & Financial Reporting
- Explain the process for forecasting room availability.
- Describe the methods used to develop operational budgets.
- Apply approaches to establish room rates.
Front Office Accounting
- Detail the flow of guest charges through the front office accounting cycle.
- Describe the fundamentals of a secure cash control system.
- Describe the steps in the night audit process.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.