htt201 | undergraduate
Introduction To Hospitality
topic title goes here
Travel and Tourism
- Explain the factors influencing travel.
- Define the forms of tourism and the benefits of each.
- Describe the specific roles of tourism promoters.
- Define the characteristics of the hospitality industry as it relates to tourism.
- Describe basic measures of performance for the food service industry.
- Describe the characteristics of the restaurant market.
- Describe other segments of food service operations.
Understanding Other Aspects of the Industry
- Discuss operational characteristics related to types of hospitality areas.
- Explain how the types of hospitality areas impact the hospitality industry.
- Describe the main functions of hotel departments.
- Identify the characteristics of hotels.
- Describe basic hotel measures of performance.
- Explain the characteristics of service and their impact on the guest experience.
- Describe the characteristics of internal and external customers/guests.
- Describe the value of guest loyalty to the hospitality industry.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.