htt210 | undergraduate
Travel & Tourism: Work, Pleasure, Forever Enriching
This undergraduate-level course is 9 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Overview and History of Travel and Tourism
- Differentiate the roles of the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) and the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC).
- Compare and contrast business and life cycles and their impact on travel and tourism.
- Distinguish between travelers and tourists.
Why People Travel
- Assess a vacation destination based on identified characteristics.
- Summarize motives and demographic relationships for travel and tourism.
- Create a travel marketing strategy for a target group.
Politics and Challenges
- Describe concepts of sustainability in relation to tourism.
- Evaluate different countries’ approaches to the travel and tourism industry.
- Defend a position on the role of government in travel and tourism.
- Identify challenges for implementing sustainable tourism.
- Recognize proper ecotourist practices.
- Identify the challenges and opportunities for the future of ecotourism.
Air and Surface Travel and Cruises
- Discuss significant historical developments in the transportation sectors.
- Discuss advantages and disadvantages of the transportation sectors in relation to the travel and tourism industry.
- Determine the best mode of transportation for a given scenario.
Attractions and Gaming
- Summarize significant historical developments in the attractions and gaming sectors.
- Hypothesize future developments of the attraction and gaming sectors.
Travel Agents and Tour Operators
- Discuss the importance of Thomas Cook’s contributions to travel and tour operations.
- Evaluate travel agent and tour operator careers.
- Compare and contrast past and present travel and tour operations.
Careers and the Future of the Industry
- Extrapolate a current trend in the travel and tourism industry.
- Assemble careers in travel and tourism by industry segment.
- Organize a family dream vacation.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.