htt211 | undergraduate
Hospitality, Travel, And Tourism, Supervision
topic title goes here
The Travel and Tourism Industry
- Describe types of tourism.
- List and provide examples of tourism’s special characteristics.
- Explain the significance of tourism to the United States.
- Identify key motivators of tourism.
Hospitality Management & Supervision Continued
- Define conflict management strategies.
- Apply a time management method to the role of a supervisor.
- Identify employee motivation and coaching methods.
Tourism Distribution Systems
- Diagram the tourism distribution system.
- Explain the roles of intermediaries in the distribution chain.
- Classify the operating sectors in the tourism industry.
The Impact of Tourism on People and Places
- Describe economic impacts of tourism on destinations.
- Discuss future trends in tourism.
- Identify career opportunities in Hospitality, Travel & Tourism.
Hospitality Management & Supervision
- Apply the four components of management.
- Identify key steps for staff recruitment, selection, and training.
- Explain how effective communication contributes to positive relations with employees and other departments.
- Describe how scheduling effects labor cost.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.