htt220 | undergraduate
IT In H, T, And T: When Distribution Joins Automation
This undergraduate-level course is 9 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
The Functions and the Components
- Discuss the training needs of staff who work with RMS.
- Discuss restaurant management system (RMS) components.
- Examine the six basic functions of a property management system (PMS).
Career Opportunities in Hospitality
- Research IT-based career opportunities in the hospitality industry.
- Describe the role of information technology in the hospitality industry.
Trends and the Competitive Advantage
- Summarize trends in hotel distribution.
- Explain the importance of a global distribution system (GDS).
- Discuss competitive advantage.
Understanding Technology’s Contribution
- Determine how technology contributes to gaining competitive advantage.
- Apply the co-alignment principle.
Terms and Functions
- Coordinate a mock vacation using e-commerce.
- Correlate key equipment with various job functions.
- Define commonly used hardware and software terms.
- Summarize the importance of network security in the hospitality industry.
- Identify risks associated with Internet-based transactions.
Communication and Relationships
- Explain the impact customer relationship management (CRM) has on an organization’s sales and marketing.
- Explain how a database management system (DBMS) affects staff communication.
Executive Information Systems and Decision Support Systems
- Define an executive information system and a decision support system.
- Identify strategic decisions based on informational systems.
- Hypothesize what impact technology will have on the future of the hospitality industry.
- Analyze a balanced scorecard.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.