htt250 | undergraduate
Lodging And Resort Operations:there's Room In The Inn
This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Indicate the role of the front office in promoting in-house sales.
- Relate theories of motivation to planning for a point-of-sale front office.
- Identify sources that process guest reservations and the associated expenses.
- Discuss the concept of overbooking (occupancy management) and its consequences.
The Night Audit
- Define the importance of the night audit.
- Analyze the components of a night audit report.
Guest Check-In and Out
- Classify components of the guest registration process.
- Determine steps involved in the guest checkout process.
- Create hotel procedures for processing guest charges and payments.
- Describe occupancy percentage as it applies to hotels.
- Explain the use of yield management in the hotel industry.
- Apply the components of revenue management.
- Compare management strategies for delivering hospitality.
- Identify strategies to increase employee commitment.
- Determine implementation strategies for a service management program.
Managing Lodging and Resorts
- Evaluate career opportunities in lodging and resort operations.
- Analyze the scope of duties for a hotel front office manager.
Introduction to Hotel Management and Communications
- Identify types of lodging facilities and their market orientations.
- Apply the role of total quality management (TQM) in inter and intradepartmental communication.
- Outline the organization of lodging properties.
- Differentiate the functions of the front office department.
Security and Housekeeping
- Identify the role of the hotel security department.
- Prioritize hotel security areas.
- Identify the role of the executive housekeeper.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.