hum114c | undergraduate
Critical Thinking And Creative Problem Solving
This undergraduate-level course is 5 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Understanding the Role of Criticism
- Apply strategies to foster criticism in problem solving.
- Identify approaches to refine a solution to a problem.
Argument Analysis and Evaluation
- Differentiate among the errors affecting truth and validity.
- Summarize the steps to evaluate arguments.
Review of Basic Math, Part 4
- Properties of Real Numbers.
- Simplifying and Writing Algebraic Expressions.
Communicating Your Ideas
- Explain techniques to present ideas and to persuade others effectively.
- Recognize approaches to effective writing and speaking.
- Final review of basic math.
Developing and Establishing a Foundation for Thinking
- Recognize the importance of building a foundation for critical and creative thinking.
- Identify strategies to develop and improve your thinking.
- Explain the basis of judgment when addressing moral questions and dilemmas.
- Explain key elements for producing ideas.
- Apply creativity to problems and issues.
- Identify techniques to regain curiosity.
Accuracy of Perception and Understanding
- Explain the steps for becoming an individual.
- Identify habits that hinder thinking.
- Compare alternatives for overcoming habits that hinder thinking.
Review of Basic Math, Part 1
- Numbers, Variables, and Expressions
Critical Reading, Listening, and Viewing
- Clarify the importance of making distinctions on critical evaluation.
- Compare strategies for critical reading, listening, and viewing.
- Describe how to express problems and issues.
- Distinguish problems from issues.
Review of Basic Math, Part 2
Exponents and Order of Operations
- Real Numbers and the Number Line
Problem Solving Processes
- Identify sources of information when investigating a problem or issue.
- Compare the steps in refining solutions to a problem and in the resolutions of issues.
Review of Basic Math, Part 3
- Addition and Subtraction of Real Numbers
- Multiplication and Division of Real Numbers
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.