iscom361 | undergraduate
Purchasing And Procurement
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Purchasing and the Organization
- Explain how supply management achieves internal and external integration.
- Explain how to integrate supply management goals with corporate objectives.
- Evaluate the relationship between internal operations and purchasing decisions.
- Explain the role of supplier evaluation.
- Determine best methods for reducing costs.
- Summarize the characteristics of commodity markets.
- Identify challenges unique to buying for resale.
- Explain the importance of transportation and third-party logistics.
- Analyze the negotiation process.
The Purchasing Process
- Evaluate purchasing and procurement elements.
- Differentiate between the purchasing of capital goods and non-capital goods.
- Explain types of purchasing policies and procedures.
- Describe how technology facilitates the purchasing process.
Developing a Purchasing Strategy
- Explain concepts of purchasing and supply measurements and measurement systems.
- Analyze how future trends may impact current supply chain strategies.
- Evaluate theroles of ethics and law in supply management.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.