iscom471 | undergraduate
topic title goes here
Fundamentals of Operations Management for Manufacturing and Service Industries
- Explain the role operations management plays in business today.
- Examine business process analysis procedures.
- Identify measures that can be used to determine process performance.
Customer Satisfaction Through Product and Process Design
- Analyze baseline data for the design of a product.
- Identify examples of process improvement opportunities.
Planning and Controlling the Manufacturing and Service Supply Chain
- Analyze the impact of production plans, master production schedules, rough cut capacity planning, workforce size, and carrying inventory as they pertain to budgets.
- Compare and contrast the use of material requirements planning system concepts in both manufacturing and service environments.
- Differentiate the key elements of the four primary forecasting techniques.
Scheduling Across the Manufacturing and Service Supply Chain
- Analyze the relationships of equipment availability, personnel scheduling, and bottlenecks.
- Compare and contrast synchronous manufacturing, MRP, and JIT.
- Compare and contrast scheduling approaches to the four primary types of manufacturing processes.
Supply Chain Design
- Apply strategic capacity management.
- Determine how a supply chain's performance can be measured.
- Summarize the requirements for implementing just-in-time.
- Analyze the role of e-business in the global supply chain.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.