iscom473 | undergraduate
Global Sourcing And Procurement
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Purchasing in Supply Chain Management
- Identify customers and their expectations regarding procurement.
- Assess the impact of an organizations expectations on procurement.
- Describe the steps of the procurement process within the supply chain.
- Explain the strategic role of purchasing in the organization.
Domestic and Global Sourcing/Supplier Selection
- Examine the steps of the sourcing process.
- Determine motives for insourcing and outsourcing.
- Explain the pros and cons of global sourcing.
Contract Negotiations and Cost/Price Analysis
- Analyze the elements of negotiations.
- Assess the impact of cost and price on procurement.
- Examine the impact of cultural and ethic differences on negotiations.
- Compare and contrast negotiation strategies.
Contract Administration and Supplier Management
- Analyze the elements of contract administration.
- Use performance criteria for measuring supplier management.
- Compare factors used to determine appropriate transportation methods.
- Summarize the strategic requirements of global logistics.
E-Business and Future Opportunities and Challenges in Purchasing
- Analyze the benefits and risks of e-business.
- Hypothesize future trends, opportunities, and challenges in purchasing.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.