it210 | undergraduate
Fundamentals Of Programming With Algorithms And Logic
topic title goes here
File and Database Processing
- Design a suitable program to solve given programming problems using the top-down modular approach and pseudocode.
- Determine when a sequential file is more useful than a database.
- Differentiate between a flat file and a relational database.
Object-Oriented Design and Programming
- Identify both the top-level objects and the GUI interfaces of an electronics product.
- Describe object-oriented, event-driven programming.
- Describe a simple object-oriented program.
- Recognize the difference between object-oriented and structured program design.
Structured Programming, Part II
- Design complex program algorithms using the three basic control structures.
- Demonstrate the iteration control structure.
Requirement Specifications, Design Specifications, and Processing Models
- Create requirement specifications, design specifications, and processing models (including input/out tables, data flow models, and procedural processing).
Introduction to Software Development
- Describe the importance of using a structured, modular approach when creating program requirements, design, and code.
- Identify how a computer processes and stores data.
Software Application Development
- Identify the purposes and definitions of software development concepts.
- Use pseudocode to design a program to solve a computational problem.
- Identify the application-level requirements of a conversion project.
Structured Programming, Part I
- Demonstrate the sequential processing control structure.
- Demonstrate the selection processing control structure.
Complex Data Structures
- Explain the need for complex data structures.
- Generate the program design and pseudocode for a simple array.
Verification and Validation
- Recognize how requirements and desk review design are used to verify algorithms.
- Create test data to validate that algorithms handle user input data correctly.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.