it215 | undergraduate
topic title goes here
- Develop superclasses and subclasses that implement polymorphism.
- Demonstrate how to declare, create, initialize, and manipulate arrays.
- Summarize the relationship between superclasses and subclasses.
- Implement a GUI using Swing components to allow user interaction with a Java application.
- Discuss the use of GUIs.
Files and Streams
- Use the file access and file processing methods to manage data.
- Use Graphics2D class methods to produce and manipulate basic shapes and lines.
Java Programming Applications
- Determine how Java programming is used in web-based applications.
- Implement searching and sorting capabilities into a Java application.
- Use the input/output stream class to create, read, write, and update files.
Methods, Classes, Objects
- Explain the use of methods that have more than one parameter.
- Use Math class and common Java API packages.
- Employ a constructor to initialize an object.
- Explain the benefit of having basic programming knowledge.
- Demonstrate how to create and use classes, methods, instance variables, and objects.
- Recognize basic object technology concepts.
- Define the feature of inheritance.
- Explain a typical Java development environment.
- Create, compile, and execute a basic Java program.
Arrays and Exception Handling
- Discuss the concept and use of arrays.
- Create a GUI-based application.
- Execute control statements found in Java.
- Formulate algorithms using the process of top down, stepwise refinement.
- Implement the various types of operators in Java.
- Apply commands to detect, indicate, and handle exceptions.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.