it236 | undergraduate
Intro To Web Design I
topic title goes here
Web Site Structure and Navigation
- Research and identify best practices for site navigation.
- Create usable navigation.
- Create a site (file) structure using Adobe® Dreamweaver®.
- Explain the importance of file organization for a Web site.
Web Site Graphic Content
- Recognize advantages and disadvantages of common graphic formats.
- Explain good design techniques for integrating multimedia into a Web site.
- Add images to a Web site using Adobe® Dreamweaver®.
- Identify a plug-in for multimedia.
Web Site Content and Layout
- Discuss the implications of copyrights on the usage of content on a Web site.
- Explain how to optimize text content for search engines.
- Add textual content to a Web page using a table.
Web Site Effectiveness
- Identify how CSS can be used to create a unified Web site style.
- Explain the importance of usability when designing a Web site.
- Recognize design principles of basic Web site appearance and functionality.
Web Site Prototyping
- Apply effective design concepts and techniques to prototype a homepage and secondary pages.
- Use CSS with Adobe® Dreamweaver® CS4.
Web Site Redesign Recommendations
- Develop recommendations for redesign.
- Evaluate Web page layouts, navigation, and performance.
Web Site Planning
- Identify how the purpose, target audience, and intended message drive Web site development.
- List reasons for and importance of a Web site design.
- Define fundamental Web design terminology.
- Identify site purpose, target audience, and intended message.
- Draw a site navigation map.
- Create a project proposal.
Web Design Concepts & Techniques
- Identify popular Web design tools and their applications.
- Create a Web page using Adobe® Dreamweaver®.
- Explain design principles for effective Web site navigation.
- Prototype various layouts of a home page and secondary pages.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.