it261 | undergraduate
Advanced Desktop Databases
topic title goes here
Normalizing a Relational Database
- Describe the stages of the normalization process.
- Normalize a database through the fifth normal form.
- Explain the purpose of normalization.
Designing Advanced Queries
- Create a query using multiple tables.
- Explain when to use crosstab and action queries.
- Create a subquery.
Using Reports to Create Business Intelligence
- Create advanced reports using the Design view.
- Create reports using the Report Wizard.
- Sort and filter data within a report.
Extended Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD)
- Provide rationale in selecting primary keys.
- Create an Extended Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD).
- Create advanced tables.
- Use the Table Analyzer to improve the efficiency of a table.
Introduction to SQL
- Explain when to use each SQL data definition command.
- Use SQL data manipulation commands to create queries.
- Use aggregate functions in an SQL query.
Data and Business Intelligence
- Explain the need for data analysis.
- Define business intelligence.
- Differentiate between operational data and decision support data.
- Organize data in a report using group headers.
- Create aggregate fields in a report.
- Use print layout to improve the appearance of a report.
- Define a data warehouse.
- Compare and contrast the different decision support architectural styles.
- Explain how a data warehouse is implemented.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.