it286 | undergraduate
Computer Maintenance And Troubleshooting
topic title goes here
Computer Maintenance and Troubleshooting Capstone
- Troubleshoot an operating system problem.
Power Supply Diagnostics and Repair
- Identify procedures for measuring the power supply voltage.
- Apply troubleshooting techniques to solve electrical system problems.
Fundamental Diagnostic and Troubleshooting Techniques
- Identify diagnostic procedures and tools.
- Identify aspects of troubleshooting theory.
Tools, Diagnostics, and Troubleshooting for Computer Hardware
- Apply troubleshooting techniques to solve a failed boot.
- Apply troubleshooting techniques to solve memory-, hard drive-, and motherboard-related problems.
- Apply troubleshooting techniques to solve problems related to peripheral devices.
Troubleshooting Operating Systems
- Identify procedures for recovering an operating system.
- Identify solutions to operating system-related problems and error-messages.
- Identify recovery sequences for a failed application install.
Diagnosing Operating Systems
- Identify how diagnostic utilities are used to solve operational problems.
- Describe how the Microsoft® Windows utility is used to prevent and troubleshoot problems.
Printer and Scanner Troubleshooting
- Analyze data to determine the causes of printer and scanner problems.
- Identify solutions to printer and scanner problems.
Diagnostics and Troubleshooting Computer Networks
- Identify driver and network interfaces, protocols, permissions, and firewall configurations.
- Apply techniques to diagnose network-related issues.
Diagnostics and Troubleshooting Computer Security
- Identify computer security technologies and diagnostic tools.
- Recognize practices used in social engineering.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.