jrn320 | undergraduate
Research For Journalism
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Apply credible sources to storytelling.
- Define the characteristic of credible sources.
- Evaluate the sources to determine credibility.
- Compare and contrast credible versus inaccurate sources of information.
- Assemble information to strengthen and support reportable deliverables.
- Analyze information to judge accuracy.
- Develop strategies to report accurately based on gathered data, audience, and media.
- Apply accurate information to storytelling.
Ethical Practices in Research
- Define the role of ethics in journalism.
- Describe how the value system of the journalist can influence the storytelling.
- Analyze ethical practices in storytelling.
- Apply ethical practices in research for storytelling.
Journalistic Use of Research in the Convergent Media Landscape
- Assemble required research to meet journalistic goals.
- Organize the research to support storytelling.
- Prepare a journalistic story for publication.
- Evaluate storytelling for the credibility of the sources, accuracy of the information, and ethical practices used in research.
- Describe the various research methods used in journalism.
- Compare and contrast journalistic research to research methods used in the field of communication.
- Apply primary and secondary research to storytelling.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.