law421 | undergraduate
Contemporary Business Law
topic title goes here
Torts, Criminal Liability, and Ethics for Businesses
- Break down the different types of torts that arise in the business context and ways and means to mitigate business tort risk.
- Identify business activities that may result in criminal liability.
- Apply ethical principles to business decisions.
Agency and Employment Relationships and the Regulatory Environment of Business
- Differentiate among types of agency and employment relationships and the associated legal considerations in business.
- Outline the role of major U.S. government and international regulatory agencies and organizations.
- Explain the governance principles of regulatory compliance requirements.
- Evaluate securities regulation laws and how they enhance investor protection.
Labor and Employment Law and Succession Planning
- Analyze employment laws and issues in the workplace.
- Assess the legal liability associated with various types of discrimination cases and ways to mitigate such risks.
- Differentiate among types of discriminatory issues and the associated legal liability and risk mitigation.
Introduction to Law and Business Entities
- Explain the purposes of law in society and the sources of law.
- Describe the role and structure of the judicial system and the application of civil procedure to substantive law.
- Discuss the forms of alternative dispute resolution and their respective application to business disputes.
- Differentiate between various types of business entities with respect to formation, control, taxation, and potential liability.
- Summarize the functions of shareholders, directors, and officers in managing the affairs of a corporation.
Intellectual Property and Contracts
- Distinguish the different types of intellectual property and the business interest that each type of intellectual property protects.
- Examine the influence of intellectual property law on business decisions.
- Identify the elements necessary to form valid contracts.
- Summarize the established legal defenses to contract formation.
- Evaluate the remedies for breach of contract.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.