law441 | undergraduate
Business Law For Small Business And Entrepreneurs
topic title goes here
Employment Law and Small Business
- Assess exceptions to employment-at-will, including the specified thresholds.
- Distinguish between employees and independent contractors.
- Define agency law and the doctrine of respondent superior.
- Evaluate the employment-at-will doctrine.
Ethics, E-Business, Regulation, and Global Law for Small Business
- Discuss ethical decision-making in a small-business context.
- Evaluate legal aspects of e-business for entrepreneurs.
- Explain regulatory compliance at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Evaluate practical legal risks associated with internationally.
Introduction to Law, Risk, and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Define the functions of law and free enterprise in society.
- Describe the role of legal risk in small business.
- Differentiate between various legal forms of business with a focus on tax considerations.
- Explain actions that can result in the piercing of the corporate veil.
- Compare means used to resolve small legal disputes.
Tort Law, Insurance, and Criminal Liability for Small Business
- Identify intentional and negligent tort risks in small business
- Assess strict and products liability risks for small business
- Review insurance options for small business.
- Evaluate business actions that can result in criminal liability.
Property and Contracts for Small Business
- Define the importance of property to free enterprise.
- Distinguish between: personal, real, tangible, intangible, and intellectual property.
- Measure the different types of legal protections for intellectual property.
- Analyze the elements of a valid contract, statute of frauds, and remedies for breach.
- Differentiate common law from UCC Article 2 in relation to merchants and warranties.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.