law531 | Graduate
topic title goes here
Introduction to Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, and Legal Issues in a Global Economy
- Differentiate among the non-judicial methods of alternative dispute resolution.
- Evaluate legal risks associated with domestic and international business activities.
- Define the functions of law in society.
- Describe the role of law in business.
Legal Forms of Business and Corporate Governance
- Differentiate among the legal forms of business.
- Examine the duties of corporate officers.
- Evaluate how corporate governance works.
Torts and Criminal Law
- Analyze the types of torts.
- Identify potential tort risks that arise in the business context.
- Apply the risk management process to mitigate business risk.
- Differentiate between a tort and a crime.
- Consider business activities that may result in criminal liability.
Contracts and Property Law
- Summarize the major components of the formation of contracts.
- Determine appropriate methods of contract dispute resolution.
- Differentiate between personal, real, and intellectual property issues.
- Examine appropriate methods to address potential property issues.
Agency, Employment and Labor Law
- Differentiate among types of agency and employment relationships and the associated legal considerations.
- Distinguish among types of discrimination issues and the associated legal considerations.
- Classify protections of employees in the workplace.
Regulatory Risk and Governance
- Evaluate applicable regulatory compliance requirements for business situations.
- Explain the governance principles of regulatory compliance requirements.
- Recommend methods for managing legal risk arising from regulatory compliance issues.
- Assess the basic powers agencies possess and the limits on their exercise of those powers.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.