law531pr | Graduate
This graduate-level course is 6 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Contract Risk and Opportunities
- Analyze legal risks during contract formation and performance, and the remedies available in common and civil legal systems.
- Evaluate measures business leaders can take to avoid risk in transactions.
- Explain transaction risk arising in unique environments.
Tort and Regulatory Risk
- Propose actions a company may take to avoid tort liability and litigation.
- Propose actions a company may take to avoid product liability risk.
- Assess methods for managing legal risk arising from domestic and international regulatory matters.
Laws and Risk in the Puerto Rican Employment Relationship
- Analyze legal risk arising from wrongful discharge.
- Evaluate legal risk associated with employment discrimination and harassment.
- Evaluate the regulatory and compliance requirements related to employment and benefits.
Risk Arising in Tangible Property and Intellectual Property
- Propose methods for managing legal risk involving tangible property in Puerto Rico.
- Design plans for protecting a Puerto Rican business’s intellectual property.
- Propose methods to avoid liability arising from violating other's property.
Business Forms and Governance in Puerto Rico
- Compare and contrast legal business entities in Puerto Rico and the United States.
- Analyze who Sarbanes-Oxley applies to and how it applies.
- Design plans for managing the legal liability of officers and directors in Puerto Rico.
Legal Systems of Business
- Explain traditional litigation and its application to business transactions in Puerto Rico.
- Create an alternative dispute resolution best suited to a common business issue.
- Describe the legal system’s structure, jurisdiction, and function in resolving business problems in Puerto Rico.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.